Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Potteries politics

Saturday, December 11th., Burslem.

Yesterday morning I read my political manifesto to Dawson and Edmund Leigh with great effect.
The printing of it was put in hand instantly.
I went to meet Marguerite at Stoke, 3.35. Appalling weather.
I slept part of the time on the sofa.
Having been occupied with politics more or less for two days, I quite forgot to take current notes. I pulled myself together and began again this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment