Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Thursday 14 February 2019

Feeble

Thursday, February 14th., Trinity Hall Farm, Hockliffe.

I did some work today. When I say work, I mean real physical work, not my usual idea of work which is sitting at a desk writing. It nearly killed me. I decided to enlarge a flower bed which involved moving soil to the vegetable garden in a wheel barrow. The vegetable garden is at some distance and I think I only moved about three barrows full, but it was enough. How on earth do people do this sort of thing all day long, every day of the week? I hadn't realised how 'soft' I was and feel quite disappointed in myself. Well, there are only two options for me: carry on as I am, or make an effort to get stronger. As I feel now then I will undertake a strengthening programme by working regularly in the garden, but can I keep it up? There is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment