Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Monday 19 August 2013

Proof reading

Friday, August 19th., Villa des Nefliers, Fontainebleau.

All proofs of "Clayhanger" came on Wednesday morning, so that after 9 o'clock in the morning I did nothing on Wednesday and Thursday except correct them. 575 pages. I finished them on Thursday afternoon. Errors in the typescript made them very amazing. A great deal of it is as good as anything I have done. I noticed the far too frequent use of the word "extraordinary", but I loathe altering a work once it is done - no mistake about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment