Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Saturday 16 November 2013

A day of writing

Monday, November 16th., Rue de Calais, Paris.

Today I wrote the whole of my fourth Windsor story, "A Solution of the Algiers Mystery", 5,100 words. I have written as many words in a day before, but never a complete short story of that length. I began at 9.40 a.m. and finished at 12.40 a.m. with about four hours off for meals and sleep.

http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/lootX4.htm


Additionally for November 16th., see 'First night adventurers' -
http://earnoldbennett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/first-night-adventurers.html

I said: "Is it all right?" He said: "Oh yes, it's all right." Dorothy said she had not played very well, but she was not depressed.
She said: "You and I are great adventurers."

No comments:

Post a Comment