Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Wednesday 27 September 2017

Authorial interchange

Wednesday, September 27th., Les Sablons.

I finished another short story today, "The Long Lost Uncle", and sent it off to the typists.

I went to Paris on Monday and returned yesterday, and again felt very strongly that a few months of Paris would suit me.

Image result for Philpotts "Knock at a venture"I read Philpotts's new book of stories "Knock at a Venture", and wrote to him about it today, and today I received a long letter from him about my book, "Sacred and Profane Love". Excellent reciprocity! His praise is very simple and detailed and notable, but on the whole I am inclined to think he doesn't like the book as well as "Leonora".


Altogether I must have written 4,000 words today.

No comments:

Post a Comment