Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Saturday 26 January 2019

Extremities

Wednesday, January 26th., Royal York Hotel, Brighton.

I have done 2,000 words each day this week of "Clayhanger". I think the stuff is getting better each day.

Last night Orage sent me the first novel (I think) censured by the Libraries under their new scheme. I read 100 pages of it. I won't be reading any more.

Perfect weather today. Hard frost. Chilblains on all my extremities.

Still reading Stendhal's "Le Rouge et le Noir" with humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment