Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Thursday 1 November 2018

Worrying

Monday, November 1st., Cadogan Square, London.

I concocted a film plot this evening, in the streets, between 5.15 and 7.15, after spending most of the day in worrying about the proposals and cast for the revival of "Milestones". I first heard of this affair on Wednesday last, from Eric Pinker on the phone. He had just heard of it; but negotiations had previously been going on between Eadie and Bright (on behalf of Knoblock). I refused to agree to Eadie being the producer, and wanted to cable Knoblock. Miss Nerney however learnt on the phone form Bright that Knoblock had left no address and that Bright had power of attorney and that Bright agreed to Eadie being the producer. So I agreed.

I have it in my mind that if this revival fails then the reputation of the play will be damaged beyond repair. That is why I want Haidee Wright to get the part of Gertrude. She has the star quality to assure success. But why am I letting it worry me? If it is a success then I will make some money but if it fails I will be no worse off than before the idea was floated. I have noticed a growing tendency in myself to worry unnecessarily. Must try to keep things in perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment